Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I might be crazy, BUT...

I'm also PREGNANT!!!

After all the Wondfo tests, I couldn't wait and decided to take the one digital ept that I have left this morning.  The most beautiful word I have ever seen appeared on the test.  Pregnant.

My first beta is was scheduled for Thursday.  But I couldn't wait that long.  If I'm getting a BFP on an at-home test, then the blood work would show the same, right?!??!  After waiting for an eternity for the answering service to be turned off  and a real person to answer the phone (30 minutes), I asked if I could come in today since I was getting positive pregnancy tests on two different brands at home.  The words sounded alien to me, even as they were coming out of my mouth.

Luckily, they were willing to let me come in today.  While I was waiting for the tech to draw my blood I was telling her about the tests and she said, "Oh, you're definitely pregnant."  I left not knowing how I was going to go about my day as planned when I had one and only one thing on my mind.

When I got in the car, the first song playing on the radio was "I'll Be There" by The Jackson 5.  I took that as a sign.

After 6.5 long hours of staring at my phone while doing back-to school clothes shopping, I realized I didn't have service.  I ran out of the store, and immediately my phone rang.

Nothing like standing in the middle of a mall while waiting to hear the words that you've been dying to hear.

"Congratulations!  You're pregnant!"

These were my levels today:
        Progesterone-92 (they look for over 10)
        Estrogen-708 (they look for over 200)
        Beta Blood Work-35 (they look for over 5)

I go back in two days to repeat blood work.

I can't wait to tell my husband.  I bought him something in January, because I was so sure that it would be "any month now".  Even though he's seen all the sticks, he doesn't know I went to the doctor today.  He called me just to check in earlier, which he never does, but since I was with my friend shopping he didn't ask me anything specific.  I'm not a good liar, so that really helped me out!!

7 comments:

  1. Holy shit! This is amazing! Congrats lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MELISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Seriously, this makes me so happy!!!! Congratulations!!! I was just about to email you but decided to check your blog to see if you had posted yet! I'M SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! EEEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHH YAYYYYYYY!!!!! This is such great news!!!! I know I'm just a blog reader but honestly? I'm so happy for you :) I feel like every one of my blogs who gets that BFP is giving me hope. I can't wait to hear your husband's reaction!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne!!! I love how positive you are. I think that I was so worried about never getting pregnant, that anytime someone announce they were pregnant (blog or otherwise) it made me doubt myself even more.

      Delete
    2. I have to believe it will happen. I want it so badly and I always have. I can't think about the alternative yet. There aren't a finite number of babies, you know? Your happiness doesn't detract from mine: it's improving the odds of infertiles becoming pregnant. Your happiness helps grow my happiness.

      Delete