Thursday, August 1, 2013

So far, so good

I went in this morning for my second beta and my results are now 134.  This is almost quadruple my number two days ago (35) so I am hoping that means this is really real.  Besides the fact that the nurse told me it was supposed to double, I know nothing about what beta numbers mean.  I go again for beta #3 on Saturday.

Since I spent Tuesday shopping, when Mr. Desperate came home from work, he saw a gift bag on the table.  He looked at it, at the stack of cards next to it (anniversary cards from family), and then back at me.  I was working on dinner, so I sort of had my back to him.  I told him since I had done so much damage shopping that I bought him a little present to make it less painful.  He asked if it was an anniversary present, and I said something like, "I guess if you want to think of it that way, you can.  But you don't have to wait to open it," which is SO not like me.  I refuse to open cards or presents until the actual special day.

So, he reached in the bag and pulled out this heart shaped piece of paper and says, "What's this?" before he even reads it.  Then, he immediately followed that question with, "Are you serious?" and put his hand into the bag and pulled out what was inside:

     
                                        
Of course, then he wanted to know how I was so sure and I had to confess that I neglected to tell him that I took the digital ept test that morning and when it said positive, I called the doctor and moved my appointment up.  I told him I thought about surprising him at work with the gift, or bringing it to him at his 5:30 meeting, but he agreed that he wouldn't have been able to finish his day if I had told him any of it.  Good thing he wasn't mad about me lying!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! And your beta quadrupled in 2 days?! WOWSERS!! I wonder if that means multiples!! :) Please keep us updated on your beta tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved it to Monday. Apparently Saturday results don't get called with results until Monday anyways so I decided to just get Monday results on Monday (I hope that makes sense!). After that, I don't have an appointment for 2 weeks--which seems like eternity!!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet reveal!! I hope you two had a wonderful night :) I don't know much about betas either. I know a low doubling time is good, but I don't know what's considered low! I am a terrible IF-er ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up on Google searching for information on numbers, which I know is not great. I found these two sites that seem like they could be reliable, but the information is so different that I don't know what to believe! I think the only thing you're looking for is the number to keep rising.

      http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/prenatal-health-and-nutrition/expecting-multiples/56993.html

      http://www.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels/chart/

      Delete