Monday, August 5, 2013

Still on the Right Track

Today marks 4 weeks and 4 days and beta #3.  The technician that took my blood said congratulations and it seemed so foreign to me.  I wonder when this will all actually sink in....

Today's beta results.... 683.  Still increasing and although I was hoping it would be something like 4,000 today (just to be SURE it's really true) I can handle the 683.  :)

Doctor Dad emailed me over a week ago and when I responded, I never heard back from him.  Hmmm... Maybe it was the zillion questions I asked him?  Maybe he's out of town?  In this day and age, waiting a week, make that 10 days for an email response is eternity.  So, since I have his cell phone number so I decided to text him earlier this evening.  He's out of town for work and said he'd call later.  I've been postponing taking a shower waiting for him to call, but I think I'm officially about to give up!

In all the craziness last week, I forgot to share that one of my other friends is pregnant.  I had my suspicions about a month ago.  She does know what's going on, so I think she tried to be as delicate with me as possible.  I'm extremely happy for her, but I also think she's a little nuts because she has a 14 month old!  Little did she know that I had gotten my own very good news just hours before she shared hers.  I can't wait until the day that I can call and say, "Remember when you called to tell me you were pregnant?  Yeah, well I was about 12 seconds pregnant!"  She's due 2 weeks after my other friend, which I am sure they are both really excited about.

I go for my first OB Ultrasound in two weeks, which also happens to be the first day of school.  Good thing the doctor's office is close to my school and that I was able to pressure them into giving me a 4 PM appointment.  I hope I don't fall asleep in the waiting room, since I know I will be completely exhausted!  Just thinking about the first day of school makes me want to take a nap! 

In the meantime I will be taking my time setting up my classroom, digging up my summer reading that I completely forgot about, and continuing to take all my medication.  Apparently you can't stop taking anything until the first ultrasound, and maybe not even for the first trimester.  I'd really love to cut out some of my pill popping action!  Of course, Mr. Desperate has already long forgotten all his vitamins.  Must be nice.... :)

4 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great! Here's hoping your doctor takes you off some things in two weeks so you can relax on the meds a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via a comment you left on Jennifer Juniper's blog and I'm so glad I did. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't wait for an update to hear how things are going.

    ReplyDelete