Monday, June 10, 2013

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

And I have officially begun Clomid attempt #2!  I was pretty certain that the first attempt's side effects weren't that bad, and they didn't kick in until the last day of the pills.  This time, not so much... the hot flashes have already arrived, more frequently than last time, although they are not as bad and do not last as long.   I'm also pretty sure my husband would say my mood swings are off the chart... and he seemed overly excited about going to work this morning.

The good news is that my doctor wants me to have an ultrasound on CD 11, and not wait until CD 14 if the OPKs are still negative.  I've heard and read so many different things about how and when to do OPKs.... first thing in the am, second pee of the day, afternoon, night, all of the above, and that you have to wait 4 hours after taking one to take another.  Any thoughts/opinions/advice for my upcoming OPKs (preferably medical advice, but anything that's worked will be greatly appreciated!)??

2 comments:

  1. I was testing twice a day because I had a hard time holding my urine. I have gotten better with time and now only test once a day, in the afternoon, around 2-3pm. I do, however, use multiple brands at one time because I don't trust any one brand or type.
    I think an US on Cd 11 is a great idea- that way you know just exactly what you are working with.
    FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this cycle! FX!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete