Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nerves or Excitement??

Tomorrow morning will be my first IUI.  I have 2 follicles (20 and 21) and a third at 17.  I am not sure if I am nervous or excited, but I am definitely emotional, and I'm pretty sure it's way too soon for the trigger shot to be affecting my emotions!!  I'm worried it will hurt (they assured me it's just uncomfortable) and that I will have a panic attack mid-procedure (this typically happens when they keep me waiting in the exam room for a considerable amount of time).

I am so hopeful that this will be what we need to get a BFP, but so scared that it won't work. 

It's hard to keep being so positive when, at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

The good news is that my parents are coming in town Thursday, my siblings come in town Friday, and we leave for an 8 day cruise Saturday.  The day we get back will be beta test day, so at least the 2WW won't go by as slowly as it has in the past!


6 comments:

  1. Great size follicles! I hope the IUI goes smoothly. I have had 3 and never once did I suffer in pain or discomfort. Hoping you won't either!

    FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It wasn't painful at all. Being clamped open never feels good, but I just kept trying to tell myself that this will result in having a baby... which will be much more painful (somehow that actually made me relax)! 13 days in counting.... :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome follies! Good luck to you. Hope this brings you a BFP!! I've had quite a few IUIs, and only one hurt because they had a hard time inserting the catheter. I find that if I don't empty my bladder completely before than it seems easier for them. But not sure that's the case for everyone.

    Enjoy the cruise - what a great distraction during the 2WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty easy. Minor cramping last night and today, but the nurse says that's normal and it just means my body is working. Hard not to get my hopes up when they do such a good job of it themselves!

      Delete